Tuesday, November 16, 2010

i can't think of a blog title right now

art dork

End of the Road, 24x48, oil on canvas (sold)

end of the road is based on my visits to eldorado checking on my aunt's house. if you take avenida eldorado alllll the way to the end, it turns into a dirt road. a little further ahead is the end of the road with a big warning sign not to go any further. it's kinda hard to with the barbed wire fence and all, but i guess they had to make it clear. this is an awesome spot to watch the sun set in the west over the ortiz and sandia mountains and then turn your gaze skyward and star watch. perfectly peaceful with a touch of coyote howling to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. far enough from the lights of santa fe that you can see the stars all the way down to the mountain top silhouettes. this place will always be a warm reminder of my aunt and a new beginning for me.

in the other picture, if you look through the dorky artist wielding her brushes, you can see the piece in progress. hmmm, maybe for my next painting i'll take pics all the way through and post them in order so you can watch how it comes to be?! sounds fun doesn't it?! anywho, this piece is actually going to my biggest collector, so if you want to see it in person you'll have to go visit my brother in maryland.

also, i've set the date for my artist's reception at the lorimar winery shop in temecula, ca. it will be on saturday, january 22nd. i'll get more details up later.

back to work for me! namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment