Sunday, April 5, 2009

On my side


A couple of months ago I managed to get my painting into a silent auction for Open Hands at Nussbaumer's Gallery in downtown Santa Fe.  I get to say that I showed with some really great artists! There were a few from the gallery that I work at and a bunch that I had seen in other galleries downtown with huge price tags on them. These works were all 12x12 and people bid at will.
I got into the show only because one of the artists at my gallery was one of the ones in charge and she happened to have an extra canvas board in her car. I told a lot of people that I was doing it so I would have to have to finish it. One of our collector's was really interested in seeing what I could do. He went straight to my piece and put a bid on it at the auction. It was the only bid I got, but at least I wasn't one of the poor artists whose work didn't get a single bid. Now my work is hanging on the wall of an art collector as he waits to see what I do next. This gives me some good motivation, because as the blogger Artssistant says, you just need someone to believe in you to make it in this business. I have plenty of people on my side, so it's time to get painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment