Thursday, July 2, 2009

therapy

sometimes i forget that art makes me feel better.  doing art, that is.  seeing it...just makes me jealous!  some people garden, some people cook...i make art.  i have lots of things in my head and they're all fighting to get out.  i need to listen more and set them free!

so, this big revelation came while working on a small piece for the Heart and Soul Animal Sanctuary benefit called "The Empty Bowl".  i picked the cat bowl which is shaped like a goldfish.  i was a little hesitant as this is a big benefit with some celebrities and some really well known artists.  but then i figured, they're just like me...they like to art, too.  the woman who is organizing the event told me that Elizabeth Taylor sent them a painted dish!  wow!  she also said that it was pretty bad, but who cares, Elizabeth Taylor did it!!  santa fe has some great connections!  either way, i have my dish and it will be at the auction right next to Tom Hyland (who's night time jackrabbits i've been drooling over at gabriel's restaurant) and Elizabeth Taylor.  will it make any money?  i hope so...do i want to know?  no, i'll remain blissfully ignorant...unless of course people like it and i get a healthy bid!







3 comments:

  1. I Like it and Princess Pinky Willow says she likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to share this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely useful for me.
    H Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little hesitant as this is a big benefit with some celebrities and some really well known artists.

    ReplyDelete