Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the space


today i worked for about 3 hours on a piece while listening to This American Life and Jillian Michael's radio show. i find it harder to concentrate with just music and am enjoying working with someone's voice in my head. it helps me concentrate less on my life and more on the colors and design of my painting.

i wasn't happy with the start of the piece. the colors weren't working and i wasn't sure where the clouds were going. so i destroyed it and then brought it back. then i took pictures of it and stood back a few thousand times. i still don't know if it's finished, but i'll let you see it. it's 14x14 inches and i've titled it "new night".



and here is my studio! it's in my aunt's garage next to a window. in the winter it's freezing and in the summer it's roasting. the spring and fall are perfect. i look forward to the days that i can open the garage door, get some more light and fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. I destroyed it and then brought it back. then i took pictures of it and stood back a few thousand times.

    ReplyDelete